Soooaaaaap

6:13 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

I made soap again a few weeks ago; this time I tried to dye it again and it sort of behaved, though is more of a yellow brown than what I was going for, which was green. Note to self: green and blue food colouring dyes do not work with lye. The scent is there though, which is a green tea and cucumber essential oil I found at Michael's. I don't think I really like it much, but it's better than the scent of the regular soap, which I'm now sick of.
It's also not done reacting yet. Last night I tested the pH and it's still a wee bit basic. Though I may have had too much soap in the water. I'll have to try it again on the weekend, when it's officially done curing. Next soap flavours I'm going to try: chocolate; vanilla; lemongrass and sage; many of other things.