What do you see?

12:56 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

I like drawing abstract things. I usually start with a doodle, which becomes more elaborate as I continue. Eventually it will start to look like something, and then I'll go with that. Most of the time though I just add in what I think it needs, and it ends up looking okay. Sometimes text is involved, which means it's not so abstract. It's funny though--I never liked abstract art when I was younger, but now I quite enjoy it. To me, my drawings are like a rorschach ink blot. You can look at it and see anything, and that will tell you something about your current state of mind. I also think the act of drawing them is a similar tool. Sometimes, when I'm confused about something, I'll just start doodling and in the eventual picture I'll see how I feel, and sometimes the confusion will lessen. Anyway, here is my latest. What does it look like to you?